The Unbelievable Truth Series 10 Episode 3 Download
With Arthur Smith, John Finnemore, Henning Wehn and Holly Walsh. Topics are on wasps, Oscar Wilde, computers and Boris Johnson.
SPLAT! You just got snowballed! Welcome to the snowball fight of 2012(3)! Okay so here's how it works, just say three to five random things about yourself then go anon and snowball your five favourite blogs. If you get snowballed again you CANNOT snowball any blogs you've snowballed before, except if you're out of blogs to snowball. Have fun!
Oh! Hello, lovely anon. Err…
- I saw Life of Pi yesterday. It was really good! My friend keeps texting me ‘RICHARD PARKER’ in capitals though. So.
- I had a dream last night where The King Blues re-united but without Itch so John Finnemore did the vocals. No, really. (I told you lot I was weird didn’t I?) but I have had weirder dreams to be fair.
- Wow, I’m really boring. Can I skip 3?
- I’m rewatching all of Red Dwarf because I haven’t seen most of them for about nine years. Martin Crieff is basically Rimmer, yeah? (Also, Martin Davenport = Ace Rimmer. What a guy.)
- I’m reading David Mitchell’s autobiography right now, and it’s struck me that my parents are a lot like his - moved from a place that we all loved(in my case London, in his Salisbury) because of work to a place that nobody really liked(For me, Salisbury, strangely, for him, Oxfordshire) and he was always told that he shouldn’t feel connected with anyone because as he put it, ‘we’re not from around here’. It’s a bit strange really.
Oh! Five(four) facts done! :)
”[…]Farfalle make excellent makeshift bowties for hamsters.”
*bzz* “They definitely do!(etc)”
“It’s interesting, yeah. I mean, it’s not one of the facts John’s trying to smuggle past, but… I mean, they would, you’re right.”
John’s speech on The Unbelievable Truth, this time telling lies about pasta. If you don’t know it, The Unbelievable Truth is a radio panel show hosted by David Mitchell, in which the panellists are given a subject and have to make up a speech consisting mostly of lies, but with some truths. The other contestants have to separate the truths from the lies and buzz in when they think they have a truth in order to get points. I might not have explained that very well. Merry something-th of Finnemore advent!
“I waited three years [for Victoria]. Isn’t that weird? Aren’t I odd? I can’t explain it other than to say I couldn’t do anything else. If only I’d known I just had to wait three years… I would gladly have suffered 10 times as much.”
So which one of them is Colosson then?